Tuesday, April 24, 2012

One part of the journey is comin to a close....

Part 1 of my journey is getting ready to come to a close. Only 2 weeks left of class and I will officially be done with grad school. I will be relieved to be done and not have to worry about classes or homework anymore. Will I use this degree? I have no idea! If not, I am still a better and more educated person for having gotten it.

The other half of part 1 would include softball. We have two weekends of regular season left and hopefully another for the tournament. We should get there as long as we keep playing the way we know how! I believe this part of the journey has a chance of coming to a close as well. I love softball and always will....there will always be a very special place in my heart for the sport but I don't know if I want it as the focus of my life from here on out. If I stuck with it, I'm not sure I would continue at this place or level. The girls have been beyond wonderful and I couldn't have asked for a better group to come in and work with. I've also developed some great friendships thanks to the sport and I will always cherish those!

While part 1 comes to a close, I know there are wonderful things to come in parts 2 and on, even though I have no idea what's next right now. I am not getting hired for any of the positions I have applied for so that is discouraging. However, I have also come to realize that teaching is always something I wouldn't mind going back to. That makes me feel more at ease in my situation. I am studying for my personal training certification as we speak and am very excited about the prospective opportunities that will provide me. I know I can enjoy this full time or part time.

Lastly, I have been working towards that 123 lbs by end of May, however I was stuck in a major rut at 132 lbs for about 2 weeks but good news is I made it off of that damn number!! Down to 130 lbs officially today! My Tuesday changed dramatically because of that as well as my motivation to keep going! It is renewed and I am excited to keep going!

Things are looking up in this one's journey! I will figure out who I am and what I want from life. When? Who cares at this point...I'll figure it out and it will be great getting there! Can't wait!

What are you doing to make yourself better each and everyday?

No comments:

Post a Comment